:: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped
Joel Roth via Dng said on Mon, 4 Dec 2023 12:11:01 -1000

>Depending on your use habits, you might be able to manage
>comfortably without PA at all.

My computer is set up Alsa only and I have no complaints. For those few
programs sabotaged to require Pulseaudio, I run them through apulse,
which often works. I think the most time consuming thing is going
through all your sound playing programs and setting them to Alsa output
instead of pulseaudio.

Anyone know whether this pipewire thing is any good?

Has anyone here ever successfully set up Jack? I've failed many times.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21