:: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband s…
Author: dvalin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband software to use on Devuan?

This is an old thread now, finally resolved: No software needed.

On 20.09.23 20:03, onefang wrote:
> On 2023-09-20 17:21:03, dvalin@??? wrote:
> >    It could be quite educational to just buy a $40 dongle, and

see what
> >    happens.
> >    (One from my telco sounds safest, even though they won't

talk to me once
> >    they discover I'm running Linux.)
>
> Internode went downhill since they where bought, which is why I left

them
> for AussieBB.

Oh, the pain you have avoided! Internode is currently in the throes
of offloading email to another company, resulting in no access during
the
day, no POP3 mail delivery for days, and an outgoing email pending for
two hours. (They sent a questionaire asking if I'd recommend them to
friends. Optimism knows no bounds, it seems.)

I've just signed up with AussieBB. What a difference. And you guys
were
right; a Tp-link Archer MR200 broadband modem just worked with old
Devuan 3, though it wouldn't with an even older Debian on the laptop.

It looks like I'll have to pay a few extra dollars per month for POP3
mail delivery from AussieBB, but that's totally fine. Out in the
sticks,
the only alternative would be Starlink at four times the price.

Many thanks for the pointers which got me over the line.

Erik