:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Antoine
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
On Saturday, 25 November at 20:30, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
>(...)
>I'm finding the last dozen or so emails in this thread very informative
>except - - - I'm feeling even more lost.
>I'm trying to figure out how to get off the mz googly email bandwagon
>but I'm even more unclear as to what I need to do to achieve that.
>
>I'll start with a question (setup related):
>if I have a number of email addresses that are being fed into claws (sorry
>Steve but I do need some kind of destination!!!) can I set them up for
>different amounts of time between mail 'pickups' (ie 1 address is
>every 1/2 hour,
>a second is every 10 min, a third is 4 x per day, one is 1 x per week and
>another is 2 x per month)?
>Please advise?
>
>(I have archives of some 15 GB of emails already - - - maybe not a lot for
>some but enough to be not necessarily easy to have access to the works.)
>
>What specific programs do I need to install/configure/otherwise to achieve
>an independence from mz googly's emporium? (Please - - - help me by
>= = = maybe best is - - what are YOU using? If you were to redo this on
>your system - - - what would you do? What don't you like from what you're
>using - - - what would you do differently?)
>
>Interesting and informative conversations so far - - - TIA for your further

I've been on mutt for a while (I love how tweakable it is).
When Google announced that access to their accounts would require either
Google-specific programs or a Google developer account, I said "Sod it"
and looked into alternatives.

Long story short: I now have a VPS running Exim and Dovecot, e-mail
stored (on the VPS) in Maildir format and I still access it from mutt
:^)

- Antoine