:: Re: [DNG] Thoughts and infos on unm…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: sawbona
A: Dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Thoughts and infos on unmerged layout
Hello:

On 28 Nov 2023 at 21:07, al3xu5 via Dng wrote:

> ... usr-merge seems like a huge bullshit to me ...

I concurr.
But given the present circumstances ...

"Grin and bear it" immediately comes to mind.

> ... Devuan has few development resources ...
> ... would be better spent on the "init" side ...

Yes, the init.

> Devuan will need to be ready with an alternative init...

Of course.

But everyone is *still* opining/wondering/chatting/bickering about
just how many different 'options' (because that is what it is all
about) Devuan should have for the default init software.

Is it so hard to understand that 'options' are absolutely worthless
to a dead-as-a-doornail distribution?

Meanwhile at Debian HQ, long knives are being patiently sharpened for
the oncoming Devuan+derivatives carnage.

The writing has been on the wall for the longest time.

Best,

A.