:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sawbona
À: Dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
Hello:

On Sat, Nov 25, 2023, at 23:30, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:

> - - what are YOU using?

Now that you ask ... 8^°

Not the best answer for this thread and probably not something you
could use, but I have been using Pegasus Mail since late 1995.

First a very brief stint under DOS 6.0, then with W3.11, W95, W98,
W2000 then for a very long while through all XP versions till I
managed to set it up on one of the early Ubuntu versions with Wine.

That *was* the deal breaker (along with jpilot) which allowed me to
give up XPSP3 for good.

At one point, on one of the distributions I went through before
settling on Devuan, I attempted a go at Claws but found it to be
(compared to Pegasus Mail) quite lacking.

I was also put off by the way support was handled.

Unfortunately, there isn't (won't be) a Linux port for Pegasus Mail
which is a real pity but in all these years I have not found a better
email programme.

So *that* is the one I use.

As always, YMMV.

Best,