:: Re: [DNG] Latest network-manager 1.…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Latest network-manager 1.44.2-5devuan1 wants to remove isc-dhcp-client
Hi,

On 24/11/23 1:34, Steve Litt wrote:
> Martin Steigerwald said on Thu, 23 Nov 2023 19:33:14 +0100
>
>> Steve Litt - 22.11.23, 22:16:01 CET:
>>> I think both Ed and Aitor of the Devuan project created complete and
>>> superior alternatives to network-manager and its ilk. Why not use one
>>> of them?
>> Care to elaborate?
> Aitor's is simple-netaid or simple-netaid-vte3 or something like that.
> I think it's packaged. I don't remember Ed's because it was years ago,
> but it was a more GUI program. Look up Edward Bartolo in our archive.

Martin, sorry for not being responsive. I was fixing another bug in vdev
in spite of the changes applied after the recent discussion with one of
the developers of Udisks2:

https://github.com/storaged-project/udisks/discussions/1209

The origin of the new bug was in the very limited quotas assigned to the
eventfs filesystem in /etc/eventfs/eventfs.conf, and had nothing to do
with udisks. I increased the values in the config file and luckily the
bug disappeared.

With regard to simple-netaid, it's packaged in packages.gnuinos.org as
Steve has pointed out. Do not expect any plasma widget at the time being.
Maybe in the future I'll develope something in Qt.

Cheers,

Aitor.