:: Re: [DNG] OT, USB device error -71
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OT, USB device error -71
altoid via Dng said on Sat, 28 Oct 2023 08:19:52 -0300

>> ... has a micro USB type b socket ...
>Those *micro* cables are notorious for their failure rate.
>
>They are flimsy, quite fragile and the plug/socket contact surface is
>far too small for the power they need to deliver, requiring perfect
>mating surfaces.
>
>Invisible corrosion or a spec of dust will affect them.

I lubricate my electronic plugs and jacks for just this reason.
Fretting corrosion is a well known cause of trouble and intermittence.
See http://www.troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200310/200310.htm .

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21