:: [DNG] No sound after upgrading to d…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alessandro Vesely
À: Devuan users
Sujet: [DNG] No sound after upgrading to daedalus
Hi all,

now I have this new package, pipewire, which I don't recall. If I try to
uninstall it, apt-get would automatically install pulseaudio, which I had
removed a long time ago.

Pipewire is not running. If I launch it, it raises a bunch of errors.

Audio programs don't play. For example:

ale@pcale:~$ speaker-test

speaker-test 1.2.8

Playback device is default
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Playback open error: -112,Host is down

Only Audacity works, but I have to tell it to play directly to the sound card
(what else? I never used Jack or similar stuff.)

I guess something in Daedalus tells all programs to go through pipewire, and I
should unnecessarily learn how to configure it? Why can't I just eliminate it?

Best
Ale