:: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading to Daed…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Marc Shapiro
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading to Daedalus

On 8/24/23 10:55, Mark Hindley wrote:
>>> I thought Devuan still did not require usrmerge? Not even in daedalus?
>>>
>>> -- hendrik
>> I thought so, too, but eliminating the separate partition for /usr has
>> solved the issue.
> The issues of usr-merge and /usr on a separate partition are different and
> pretty much unrelated.
>
> Separate /usr partition has not been supported in Debian for many releases
> (Wheezy might have been the last, but I can't immediately lay my hand on a
> definitive source).
>
> Merged usr is the current and disputed transition that is ongoing in Debian at
> the moment. It is an option in Devuan, but is not forced on users at the current
> time.
>
> Mark

I used Debian up through Stretch with a separate /usr partition.

While I successfully mounted once I eliminated the separate partition,
trying to upgrade that copy from Chimaera to Daedalus has not gone
well.  Which suggests that making a copy to be upgraded, as opposed to
upgrading my working system, may have been a good idea.

Marc