:: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading to Daed…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Mark Hindley
A: Marc Shapiro
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading to Daedalus
On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 08:24:32PM -0700, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:
> > > If it is indeed a case of hitting usrmerge, I'd say you need to move
> > > everything in /dev/mapper/vg1-usr--daedalus to vg1-root--daedalus.
> > > The stuff below /usr/local/ can stay where it is.
> > I thought Devuan still did not require usrmerge? Not even in daedalus?
> >
> > -- hendrik
>
> I thought so, too, but eliminating the separate partition for /usr has
> solved the issue.

The issues of usr-merge and /usr on a separate partition are different and
pretty much unrelated.

Separate /usr partition has not been supported in Debian for many releases
(Wheezy might have been the last, but I can't immediately lay my hand on a
definitive source).

Merged usr is the current and disputed transition that is ongoing in Debian at
the moment. It is an option in Devuan, but is not forced on users at the current
time.

Mark