:: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading to Daed…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Marjorie Roome
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading to Daedalus
Hi,

On Wed, 2023-08-23 at 20:24 -0700, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:

> On 8/23/23 08:22, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 08:53:33PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Marc,

> > > Putting /usr on a separate partition under Daedalus?  Smells like
> > > you hit "usrmerge"
> > >
> > >    https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge
> > >
> > > https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#a-merged-usr-is-now-required
> > > If it is indeed a case of hitting usrmerge, I'd say you need to
> > > move everything in /dev/mapper/vg1-usr--daedalus to
> > > vg1-root--daedalus.
> > > The stuff below /usr/local/ can stay where it is.
> > I thought Devuan still did not require usrmerge?  Not even in
> > daedalus?
> >
> > -- hendrik
>
> I thought so, too, but eliminating the separate partition for /usr
> has solved the issue.

My experience upgrading is that Devuan doesn't require /usr merge on
upgrade from Chimaera to Daedalus and simply keeps your existing file
structure and doesn't move files in /bin, /sbin etc.and replace them
with symbolic links to /usr/bin, etc.
So everything is still as before.

However I don't have a separate partition for /usr, just for /home so
can't speak directly to that situation.

--
Marjorie