:: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Ralph Ronnquist
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of people don't help or report issues.
On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 07:59:17PM -0400, Ken Dibble wrote:
> On 8/13/23 15:47, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 12:18:45 -0400, Ken wrote in message
> > <9dcd942a-c32e-04ec-8040-f8ee9b2c83cf@???>:

> > ..snip.

> > > How would asking for the source of 178-3 get me the source of 179-3?
> > ..you don't. ;o) You get 178-3. If you want 179-3 and are in
> > such an hurry, write it yourself, or write a nice fat cheque to
> > pay somebody to do it for you. Or, go take a nice long relaxing
> > hike until somebody really, really, really f***ing nice writes
> > you _a_ 179-3, all for free. By which time you might see a need
> > for a 179-4. ;o)
> >
> Stupid me.  I thought that since  5.10.179-3 was an official Debian/Devuan
> release
>
> as shown by the page at https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-5*&x=submit
>

> which produces, among other things,
>
> linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64
> 5.10.179-3 <https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/package-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64=5.10.179-3>
> http://deb.devuan.org/merged
> chimaera-proposed-updates/main
> amd64
> http://deb.devuan.org/merged
> chimaera-security/main
> amd64
>
> and since this is supposed to be GPL licensed,
> so the source code is supposed to be available.
>
> Your behavior gives yet another reason why people don't and/or can't help.
>
> Had you actually taken the time to follow this thread, you would know that I
> have
> an official release that introduced a bug when upgraded to from another
> official release.
> I was only trying to help the maintainers with information before submitting
> a bug report.
>
> If anyone is actually interested in helping (as a couple others have
> attempted), please reply.
> If you want to exercise the list without actually knowing what you are
> talking about, please
> start another thread.

Yes there is some peculiar inconsistency in the repo regarding this;
it seems the Packages files don't match the InRelease file for
beowulf-security, and that has resulted in your grief at accessing the
source. We should look into that inconsistency (esp to make sure it's
not a systematic problem) and ideally correct it.

Though, a manual way to go could be to look up that package
information page on pkginfo, find its "Source:" attribute, and then
browse manually for that. E.g. copy the link address for the Filename,
then remove the last path component(s), and then browse around... in
this case you would be looking for "linux-signed-5.10-amd64
(5.10.179+3~deb10u1)" which would eventually (with some clever guess
work) lead you to
http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/l/linux-signed-amd64/linux-signed-amd64_5.10.179+3.tar.xz
and its dsc sibling.

regards,