:: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Ken Dibble
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of people don't help or report issues.
On 8/13/23 15:47, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 12:18:45 -0400, Ken wrote in message
> <9dcd942a-c32e-04ec-8040-f8ee9b2c83cf@???>:

> ..snip.

>>> Try using "178" instead of "179" :)
>> How would asking for the source of 178-3 get me the source of 179-3?
> ..you don't. ;o) You get 178-3. If you want 179-3 and are in
> such an hurry, write it yourself, or write a nice fat cheque to
> pay somebody to do it for you. Or, go take a nice long relaxing
> hike until somebody really, really, really f***ing nice writes
> you _a_ 179-3, all for free. By which time you might see a need
> for a 179-4. ;o)

Stupid me.  I thought that since  5.10.179-3 was an official
Debian/Devuan release

as shown by the page at
https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-5*&x=submit

which produces, among other things,

linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64
5.10.179-3
<https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/package-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64=5.10.179-3>
http://deb.devuan.org/merged
chimaera-proposed-updates/main
amd64
http://deb.devuan.org/merged
chimaera-security/main
amd64

and since this is supposed to be GPL licensed,
so the source code is supposed to be available.

Your behavior gives yet another reason why people don't and/or can't help.

Had you actually taken the time to follow this thread, you would know
that I have
an official release that introduced a bug when upgraded to from another
official release.
I was only trying to help the maintainers with information before
submitting a bug report.

If anyone is actually interested in helping (as a couple others have
attempted), please reply.
If you want to exercise the list without actually knowing what you are
talking about, please
start another thread.

Regards,
Ken