:: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Ken Dibble
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of people don't help or report issues.
On 8/13/23 20:58, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 07:59:17PM -0400, Ken Dibble wrote:
>> On 8/13/23 15:47, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

>>> ..snip.

>>> ..you don't. ;o) You get 178-3. If you want 179-3 and are in
>>> such an hurry, write it yourself, or write a nice fat cheque to
>>> pay somebody to do it for you. Or, go take a nice long relaxing
>>> hike until somebody really, really, really f***ing nice writes
>>> you _a_ 179-3, all for free. By which time you might see a need
>>> for a 179-4. ;o)
>>>
>> Stupid me.  I thought that since  5.10.179-3 was an official Debian/Devuan
>> release
>>
>> as shown by the page at https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-5*&x=submit
>>

>> which produces, among other things,
>>
>> linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64
>> 5.10.179-3 <https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/package-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64=5.10.179-3>
>> http://deb.devuan.org/merged
>> chimaera-proposed-updates/main
>> amd64
>> http://deb.devuan.org/merged
>> chimaera-security/main
>> amd64
>>
>> and since this is supposed to be GPL licensed,
>> so the source code is supposed to be available.
>>
>> Your behavior gives yet another reason why people don't and/or can't help.
>>
>> Had you actually taken the time to follow this thread, you would know that I
>> have
>> an official release that introduced a bug when upgraded to from another
>> official release.
>> I was only trying to help the maintainers with information before submitting
>> a bug report.
>>
>> If anyone is actually interested in helping (as a couple others have
>> attempted), please reply.
>> If you want to exercise the list without actually knowing what you are
>> talking about, please
>> start another thread.
> Yes there is some peculiar inconsistency in the repo regarding this;
> it seems the Packages files don't match the InRelease file for
> beowulf-security, and that has resulted in your grief at accessing the
> source. We should look into that inconsistency (esp to make sure it's
> not a systematic problem) and ideally correct it.
>
> Though, a manual way to go could be to look up that package
> information page on pkginfo, find its "Source:" attribute, and then
> browse manually for that. E.g. copy the link address for the Filename,
> then remove the last path component(s), and then browse around... in
> this case you would be looking for "linux-signed-5.10-amd64
> (5.10.179+3~deb10u1)" which would eventually (with some clever guess
> work) lead you to
> http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/l/linux-signed-amd64/linux-signed-amd64_5.10.179+3.tar.xz
> and its dsc sibling.
>
> regards,
>
> Ralph.

Thank you for your time and explanation.

For reference purposes I am noting that when you said pkginfo you meant
pkginfo.devuan.org

and not python3-pkginfo.

Hopefully someone has the time and knowledge to fix these inconsistencies.

FWIW, I have the time, just not the knowledge.  If the learning curve is
relatively shallow and

I can help, let me know.

Regards,

Ken