:: [DNG] Filing bug reports (was Re: …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Olaf Meeuwissen
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] runit setup (was: Re: New goodies from systemd)
Onderwerp: [DNG] Filing bug reports (was Re: runit setup)

Lehel Bernadt via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> - I have the experience of filing bug reports only for nothing to
> happen afterwards.

Not picking on you Lehel, but I've seen several posts recently voicing
similar sentiments. I think it is not constructive.

Even if nothing *visible* happens on a bug report, it may cluebat people
experiencing the same problem that they're not the only one affected.
Ideally, they'd follow up saying so and add information.

Also, experiences based on filing bug reports to projects X and Y do not
translate to bug reports to project Z.

So by all means, check for existing bug reports, chime in on any that do
exist already (providing extra info insofar possible) and, if none exist
yet, do take the trouble to submit one.

That said, I do admit to not filing bug reports out of sheer laziness
myself (on occasion) :-(

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen