:: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Góra strony
Autor: aitor
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Hi,

On 2/8/23 19:29, Lehel Bernadt via Dng wrote:

> Normally your runit services should be under /etc/sv, with the ones you want
> to run symlinked into/etc/runit/runsvdir/<runlevel>. Now runit-services puts
> them into /usr/share/runit/sv (so that /etc/sv is not crowded with all the
> services without a corresponding installed package) ...

<cut>

> ... Shadowing /etc/sv from a separate dir. I don't think this is really
> necessary to be honest, it's more like a convenience feature.

I think this is necessary. If it were the case that the package maintainer of some of these services
-say dbus, just to give an example- decides to include his/her own runit scripts in the packaging, then
they would be installed at /etc/sv/dbus. Therefore, the ones provided by runit-services must be put into
another directory. Otherwise, there would be conflicts between both packages: dbus and runit-services.

Cheers,

Aitor.