:: Re: [DNG] runit setup
Góra strony
Autor: Manfred Wassmann
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] runit setup
On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 5:29 PM Lehel Bernadt via Dng <dng@???>
wrote:

> Normally your runit services should be under /etc/sv, with the ones you
> want
> to run symlinked into /etc/runit/runsvdir/<runlevel>. Now runit-services
> puts
> them into /usr/share/runit/sv (so that /etc/sv is not crowded with all the
> services without a corresponding installed package), and provides the
> helper
> cpsv to copy those into /etc/sv, and create the symlink to enable them.

The real incentive to have the original scripts under /usr/share is that in
Unixland /etc is for files edited by the system administrator and files
(non-binaries) installed from a software package which are not intended to
be modified go into /usr/share. You can find that mentioned somewhere in
the Debian guidelines for the filesystem layout. Now having the original
scripts under /usr/share/runit/sv and copied to /etc/sv allows the package
to install new scripts into /usr/share/runit/sv without overwriting local
changes made under /etc/sv.