:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Author: Андрей Сорокин
To: Manfred Wassmann via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Hi, Manfred.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 18:22:52 +0100 you wrote:
> BTW I read X11 support shall be dropped in the next GTK release in
> favour of Wayland. I presume that only leaves the choice between
> forking or abandoning GTK/Gnome to prevent more poettering, right?

I have tried "Daedalus" and it seems to me that whole X will be
dropped soon no matter which DE to use -- as it halts on single
X-session switching between X and console sessions, and no X-multi-seat
at all. Therefore, "DeVuan" will be harder to support in the near
future, if possible at all. -- So, it seems that the Corp.s have
destroyed "Linux" and it will never be the OS of IT-lovers. :^(

So, prepare for the OS absence with the far more its degradation from
now till the absence. -- Just my opinion, of course.

Andrey.