:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Multi-monitor Wayland (was Re: bookworm without systemd)
Subject: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 12:22 PM Manfred Wassmann via Dng
<dng@???> wrote:

> On Saturday, July 22, 2023, Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:
>>

>> I don't use GNOME, but Plasma at least is working. It also required
>> elogind.
>>
>> And as elogind is working, I'd assume as Tito wrote that GNOME can also
>> work.
>

> BTW I read X11 support shall be dropped in the next GTK release in favour of Wayland. I presume that only leaves the choice between forking or abandoning GTK/Gnome to prevent more poettering, right?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm - - - - out of curiosity I went a looking. Seems like
wayland still doesn't play nice with multi-monitor setups.
At least I could NOT find anything that even seemed to suggest that
wayland is usable in a multi-monitor setup.
Finding more than a few notes of people complaining that its not
working or having goofy kinds of issues though.

Just wondering - - - - what's with the 1 user - - - 1 monitor kind of
thinking - - - - that's so 1990s kind of thinking.
!@#$%^ even the bank employees now have 2 monitors - - - now I think
they're 20" ones but they have 2.
If cheap tight wad companies like banks recognize that more screen
real estate is good - - - why is the
development community having such a hard time with that?

(Presently running some 5 monitors with some north of 30 virtual
desktops and I very much find this system
very very useful!!!)

Regards