:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Author: capercally.bleery670
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 11:53:32AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> capercally.bleery670@??? said on Thu, 20 Jul 2023 18:13:29 -0700
>
> >https://diziet.dreamwidth.org/15336.html
> >
> >--
> >Ian

> core purpose is a sans-systemd fork of Debian to say that this
> sans-systemd fork is unnecessary and we can all return to the Debian
> fold.

I'm not *that* Ian, if that is what you meant.

I use Devuan when I can, which is mostly on server-like systems where
I don't need any of the "modern" GUI stuff. But some things just
cannot be done without the "modern" GUI (unfortunately), and there I
need just *one* such GUI across all the systems or I'll go crazy.
Which implies (also unfortunately) that GUI has to be Gnome [1], and
Devuan doesn't (or didn't until lately) provide a working Gnome
option.

--
Ian