:: Re: [DNG] request for advice
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request for advice
Curtis said on Tue, 11 Jul 2023 12:38:17 -0400

>Personally, I’d rather not give google or cloudflare any of my dns
>queries. cloudflare and google share that information with each other.
>talk about invasion of privacy. If I use outside dns, I prefer to use
>a public dns that does not log the information such as 4.2.2.2.

I only use 8.8.8.8 because it's so easy to remember, but you're right,
Google is certainly evil. The following is a list of public DNS
servers.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062

Many offer "family protection". Just speaking for myself, I
don't think family protection should be the job of DNS. If I
accidentally land on a site with hundreds of 46-26-46 machete wielding
women committing murder and mayhem, I'll just back away.

SteveT

Steve Litt