:: Re: [DNG] request for advice
Author: Curtis
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request for advice

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 11, 2023, at 12:17 PM, Syeed Ali <syeedali@???> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2023 21:34:29 +0200
> Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:
>
>> I agree that UPSs are a splendid idea, but like backups, they do need
>> to be tested to make sure they're actually providing the comfort and
>> security you think they are :)
>
> On a related note, I've learned that surge protectors don't remain
> reliable forever.

Personally, I’d rather not give google or cloudflare any of my dns queries. cloudflare and google share that information with each other. talk about invasion of privacy. If I use outside dns, I prefer to use a public dns that does not log the information such as 4.2.2.2.

Otherwise, I install pdns-recursor on a machine and hand that address out from my dhcp server. I have everyone on my network reference that. call me weird for not using unbound like everyone else.

Cheers,
Curtis