:: Re: [DNG] Testing Daedalus Installe…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] OT: MicroSD [Was: Testing Daedalus Installer ISO]
Subject: Re: [DNG] Testing Daedalus Installer ISO
Hi Ralph, hi Devuan team,

Ralph Ronnquist - 08.07.23, 12:01:17 CEST:
> it would be very useful if you tested the Devuan daedalus 5.0.0-rcX
> iso and dropped some feedback.

Installed a ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1 with Daedalus 5.0-rc2 installer. Put
Plasma desktop on it.

Only thing was that I had to install firmware-amd-graphics, well
basically I installed firmware-linux-nonfree which pulled the former, in
order to make sddm show a login screen. This was distorted a bit. This
may be related to sddm. I usually install sddm-theme-maldives and switch
to it, cause I found it works best for me. Maldives theme is not
distorted.

I did have some issues with hibernation, but I did not yet had a closer
look at them. Hibernation works nice with Devuan Ceres on one ThinkPad
T14 AMD Gen 1 and one ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 2 and also Devuan Daedalus
(upgraded from Chimaera in the time the Daedalus installer was still not
working right in German language) on another ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1.
Linux actually runs very well on those meanwhile. Thanks also to Lenovo
Linux team for fixing up a lot of initial issues. So I bet I may be able
to fix it up for the laptop where it does not yet work.

All in all I saw no issues that I would say are specific to Devuan.

Well done! And thank you!

(And to Lenovo: No I am not going to buy a T14 AMD Gen 3, unless you put
in a MicroSD slot again and have at least one memory expansion slot.
Maybe time for a closer look at the frame.work laptop, especially the
upcoming 16 inch one. Stop making crappy hardware crippling choices!)

Best,
--
Martin