:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-06-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-06-01
# Devuan meet 2023-06-01 @20:30 UTC

Present: fsmithred, golinux, Adam, Hendrik, plasma41
Regrets: altoid

## Old Business
### golinux
  - Can we PLEASE decide on the name of Devuan 7 so WWW can get updated?
    - (plasma41) When last this was discussed, I recall that the name
that seemed to have the greatest support was Freia (minor planet no.
76). I suggest we go with that name if there are no strong objections.
      - (gl) That's settled then . . .

### (hendrik)
- I'm still going through the old wiki finding out what was there.
I'm finding some primary sources that might be of interest to
historians. That old wiki describes itself on its start page as the
place where official documentation is drafted, presumably to be
installed to some more official place when it is ready. Do I
understand correctly that this is NOT supposed to be the purpose of
the new wiki? Is the new wiki intended to become the place for the
official documentation?

    - (gl) At this point the wiki becoming anything at all would be an
improvement.
      - (hendrik) I agree.

### adam

- submitted PR for Daedalus release notes, improving/correcting docker section

## New Business

### golinux
- Bit the bullet and did a quick and dirty mock-up of sapphire for
www. Will coordinate the changes with Xenguy.
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/05-daedalus-sapphire/sapphire-www.png

 - Why is jessie not archived at https://files.devuan.org/ ? ascii is
archived but also present in the list? What am I missing?
   - (fsr) ascii isos were replaced with a point release. The older
ones are in the archive. Note that there are two archives - the other
one is not public and has ascii and beowulf older isos. There was no
point-release for jessie, so nothing to archive. The hidden archive
also has some rc and beta isos.
     - thanks for adding to my confusion . . .  LOL!

### adam

- new Devuan Pi jenkins build scripts still in process

## Old Actions

### fsmithred
- Should rsync have -X (copy extended attributes) for
refractasnapshot and installer?
- (plasma41) If the way it's currently done breaks things and
switching fixes them, then switch it. :-P

## New Actions