:: Re: [DNG] mail mysteriously read-on…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mail mysteriously read-only
On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 10:39:57PM +1000, onefang wrote:
> On 2023-05-20 08:25:38, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > I moved my /var/mail partition to a different disk drive
> > by:
> >     creating a new ext4 partition
> >     mounting it as /newvarmail
> >     copying the contents of the old /var/mail partition to it
> >     unmounting both the old and new mail partitions
> >     updating the /etc/fstab entry by
> >         chainging the partition name
> >     changing the file system to ext4 from ext3
> >     mounting the new one as /ver/mail
> > Everything seems to work smoothly except for one thing:
> >     When I read a new message in mutt, the 'N' indicaating it is new does not disappear after reading it.

> Which version of mutt in which version of Devuan?

Mutt 1.10.1 (2018-07-13)
beowulf

When I asked mutt to report its version it produced several pages of self-identicication.

mutt itself did not change when I moved /var/mail from one partition to another.
I did no system upgrade at the same time.
But I'm wondering if there's something weird involving the file system.

-- hendrik