:: Re: [DNG] mail mysteriously read-on…
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mail mysteriously read-only
On 2023-05-20 08:25:38, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I moved my /var/mail partition to a different disk drive
> by:
>     creating a new ext4 partition
>     mounting it as /newvarmail
>     copying the contents of the old /var/mail partition to it
>     unmounting both the old and new mail partitions
>     updating the /etc/fstab entry by
>         chainging the partition name
>     changing the file system to ext4 from ext3
>     mounting the new one as /ver/mail
> Everything seems to work smoothly except for one thing:
>     When I read a new message in mutt, the 'N' indicaating it is new does not disappear after reading it.

Which version of mutt in which version of Devuan?

Earlier versions where neomutt renamed to mutt by Debian, but then they
renamed neomutt back to neomutt in more recent versions. Personally I
found that neomutt seems to grow more and more bugs in later versions.
Randomly marking half a dozen emails for deletion each timwe I changed
mail folders was the last straw, so I moved back to the ASCII version.