:: Re: [DNG] Other language characters…
Author: tempforever
CC: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Other language characters (was Re: compose key with Dell keyboard) - - OT??
o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> My keyboard has the following keys across the bottom (Kensington
> Ergonomic)
> Ctrl, Fn, Win, Alt, space bar L, space bar R, Alt, Win, Menu (I think), Ctrl
>
> So I could define say the right hand Win key to be the compose key?
>
> (Using the same as was outlined in the emails I branched off from.)
>
> Please advise
>
> (I can't wait!!!!!!!!)
>
> TIA

To set the compose key, I use xfce4-keyboard-settings - Go to the Layout
tab on the top right.  There you can select the Compose key to use
[among other settings].  I doubt the Fn key will be usable, afaik that's
used interally by the keyboard controller and the OS doesn't receive
that signal.  However, if you don't use xfce, there's probably a config
file somewhere that can be edited, for example,
KBOPTIONS="compose:menu"in /etc/default/keyboard - see also
https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard and
https://manpages.debian.org/testing/keyboard-configuration/keyboard.5.en.html