:: Re: [DNG] Information request (mayb…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: jeremy ardley
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Information request (maybe OT - - - dunno)
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 7:30 PM jeremy ardley via Dng
<dng@???> wrote:

> On 17/5/23 04:32, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> > One of my problems is that each working node is likely generating data
> > that I do want to keep.
> > Some of the data is generated every say 0.5 sec and the data is needed
> > for longer term analysis
> > and at the same time when a preset flow rate is reached then there is
> > a another part of the system
> > that is halted. Then there will be specific functions that have to
> > happen and there is a limited amount
> > of time for this all to happen. Following this the process starts all
> > over again. Eventually up to 15 times
> > 3 times per day - - - all to reduce the amount of human employee time
> > needed to get the job done.
> --
> The Seeed studio XIAO ecosystem of processors and interface devices is
> likely of interest to you
> I link here one processor that is Python capable.
> https://www.seeedstudio.com/XIAO-RP2040-v1-0-p-5026.html
> If you explore their website you'll find a whole array of equipment that
> could be useful.

Seeed studio is one of those outfits that 'loves' to deal with DHL.
Here I find DHL to love tacking on extra fees - - - mostly because they
can - - - - just to get packages delivered. Then there is their insistence
on my sending my financial information to their http (note - - -insecure)
website - - - - so it is sorta easy to see why I find outfits that
'force' the use of DHL
to be reprehensible.

> NB. I source most of my equipment from AliExpress rather than Seeed. In
> your case Seeed is a one-stop-shop suitable for an entry level project,
> however you may have to look at AliExpress for power components such as
> buck and boost converters.

What's interesting is that Seeed is cheaper than AliE.
That also means that this is single source material. More looking to do!

> If you need a fancy host processor to link everything together, you can
> run Devuan on an ARM SOC - see https://dev1galaxy.org/viewforum.php?id=24

That was the plan.

Thanking you for your ideas and suggestions.