:: Re: [DNG] How does win32-loader wor…
Author: Alessandro Vesely
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How does win32-loader work?
On Fri 12/May/2023 14:29:38 +0200 altoid via Dng wrote:
> On 12 May 2023 at 13:40, Alessandro Vesely via Dng wrote:
>
>> ... inserting disks in the drive can only be done by physically
>> unmounting the drive and removing its lid.
>
> I'm sorry, it completely escaped me ...
>
> I neglected to mention that you can open a stuck CD-ROM tray using a
> stiff wire or a paper clip:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQHfMwj83fM

Thanks, but that won't work for me. It's not an SW hangup, it's the mechanism
which is broken. At a time it couldn't stay closed, and was fixed with a piece
of tabe. I removed the tape, and the door's cover came away with it. When it
should open it tries (the noise of the mechanism is heard) but doesn't succeed,
even if gently helped...

Best
Ale