:: Re: [DNG] How does win32-loader wor…
Author: sawbona
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How does win32-loader work?
On 11 May 2023 at 13:37, Alessandro Vesely via Dng wrote:

> ... aunt's old PC.
> ... running Windows XP on Pentium, 1Gb RAM.

I don't think you'll be getting much from that hardware, never did
work properly for XP.

If it was *me*, I'd make the effort to find an old PC/netbook with a
bit more up to date specs for your aunt, which you will probably be
able to find find very little money.

eg: depending on your location, you can probably find a properly
working Asus 1000HE with 2.0Gb (or similar) with a bad/broken screen,
no HDD or Kb for less than US$30.

Put in a decent 250Gb SSD, use the VGA port with the existing monitor
and a USB keyboard and you're set to go for ~ US$100/120.

I run Linux Devuan Beowulf with a backported kernel and Openbox WM on
a 1000HE purchased used back in 2010.

No speed daemon but works well enough.

Best,

A.