:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites ne…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites need a makeover for Daedalus
On 2023-04-30 16:25, William Merfalen wrote:
> Do we have the exact color codes that we'll need for the site?

Hello William and thank you for your interest in helping with this task!

The www theming will be built around these colors:

https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/05-daedalus-sapphire/backgrounds/your-way_sapphire_wide-large.svg

> That should be a fairly trivial fix.

It is and isn't. Color perception is relative to the adjacent colors.
The intense Sapphire colors work well when they fill the entire desktop.
When they are adjacent to a light background, like the website pages,
those colors might seem very dark and might need to have the value only
increased a bit to to compensate.

> Am I correct in assuming that the color pallete will look like what's
> posted in this forum thread?
> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=4885

The final colors are posted later in that thread and a few lines above:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=34876#p34876

> It looks like this URL hosts the style sheet:
> https://www.devuan.org/ui/css/devuan.css

Yes. The colors will need to be inserted at the very end of that file
starting around line 1437.
The other three websites also have their individual style sheets.

> I'd probably change most of those colors into css variables since
> that's
> widely supported natively in nearly all major browsers, IIRC.

The css we have already works in all browsers so I don't exactly see the
point but then colors are my thing not so much the mechanisms that
assign them. :)

Can we perhaps continue this discussion off-list or on IRC?

golinux