:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites ne…
Author: Dennis Clarke
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan websites need a makeover for Daedalus
On 4/30/23 12:11, golinux wrote:
> Greetings fellow travelers!
>
> The next Devuan stable release, Daedalus, is on the horizon and it is
> time to recolor the Devuan websites to mirror the signature Sapphire
> theme color palette. It has been a great ride for me through 5 Devuan
> releases but it is time to pass the torch.
>
> The Devuan websites have always reflected the signature colors of the
> current Devuan stable release default desktop. It requires changing the
> hexes in the CSS for all 4 of them as well as recoloring a few icons.
> Here is the list of websites needing attention:
> https://www.devuan.org/
> https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html
> https://bugs.devuan.org/
> https://popcon.devuan.org/

     Changing the font color to CornFlowerBlue means little or nothing
to me. Feels like marketing. What is really needed is a few more common
architectures such as the IBM POWER9 ppc64le as a prime example. The
limitation of AMD64 and ( excuse me ) 32-bit i386 is just terrible. At
some point people such as myself will want to get away from SystemD and
that means Devuan linux. However the x86 world is horrific for many
reasons.  Too many to list. The aarch64 world is working well and we
should accept that the IBM POWER systems are the big league. It is only
a matter of time before we have multi-socket RISC-V rc64imafdc machines
also. If we are truely blessed we may see "Q" in there for quad-math
just like the IBM POWER9 systems.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC