:: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to lin…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to linux printer
On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 07:25:34PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:

> > My basic problem seems to be that my linux/printer is on one network
> > and the Mac laptop on another.
> >
>     Your linux box can act as a print server if it has connections to both
> networks. This is one of the features of Cups I don't like very much,
> because I think it can be a security hole. But Cups offers this by design.

Didier, in CUPS I had checked "Share this printer". However I don't
see how doing so makes the printer accesible to a Mac laptop on
another network (different routers).

If the Mac is on a different network than linux box, is the only way
to enable the Mac to access the Linux printer to provide the Mac
with the printer's public IP address?

--

     Haines Brown