:: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to lin…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to linux printer
On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 04:54:00PM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Thursday 13 April 2023 at 15:55:19, Haines Brown wrote:
>
> > My basic problem seems to be that my linux/printer is on one network
> > and the Mac laptop on another.
>
> Do you mean "two networks which have no connectivity to each other" or do you
> simply mean "two networks which are connected by one or more routers"?

The Mac is on a Comcast router and Comcast provides the network. The
Linux machine and printer is on its own router and gets access to the
networkd via AT&T. Sorry I was not clearer. The networks have no
connection with each other.

> > I gather that an easy was have Linux serve a printer is to install
> > tailscale.
>
> I have no idea what that is - where did you "gather" this information from?

https://tailscale.com/kb/1174/install-debian-bookworm/

Linux supports it. I susspect you can set up you own VPN

--

     Haines Brown