:: Re: [maemo-leste] Motorola Droid 4 …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: Ivaylo Dimitrov, kernel list, linux-arm-kernel, linux-omap, sre, nekit1000, mpartap, merlijn, martin_rysavy, phone-devel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Motorola Droid 4 -- Stopping charger when battery is full

> * Ivaylo Dimitrov <ivo.g.dimitrov.75@???> [230307 14:10]:
> > Also, some guys have concerns about charging (and keeping it charged) @4.35,
> > because of the possibly reduced battery life.
>
> Yes for devices connected to a charger for long periods the battery will
> bloat up within some weeks or months. This happens easily when using a
> lapdock for example.
>
> A simple and safe solution here might be that we allow charging up to
> 4.35V only once when the charger is connected. Then we let the voltage
> decrease to 4.2V (or whatever known good maintenance voltage) if the
> charger stays connected.

Optimum solution would be user specifying "I want battery full
tommorow at 8am" and doing the right thing.

> For folks wanting to force the charge voltage higher we have the sysfs
> interface.

Yep, we just need to make sure it is usable for this.

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.