:: Re: [DNG] Another Tentacle
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Another Tentacle
On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 8:11 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Syeed Ali said on Sat, 1 Apr 2023 23:32:59 -0700
>
> >Mind you it only locks the screen. If you mean the more artistic
> >version of a screen locker (with pictures or animations), then
> >/shrug
>
> http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201406/201406.htm#locking_your_screen

I can vouch that some of the programs listed in the previous url are quite
antethical to anyone who is using a true multi-monitor setup.

I understand that a 'real' computer user find a 19" (or maybe living
large a 20")
monitor to be lots of room but over time I've found I need more - - - - and
Xinerama - - - sorry - - - - its a dog. Especially when you pass using
2 monitors
at once.

At one time it was possible to buy video cards that had more than 4 outputs.
Today - - - - it seems that 3 outputs is considered LOTS.
(Now if I had 3 4k monitors it would be but 24" monitors - - - well its what I
bought and they still work so they're not getting changed any time soon.)
It would seem that the idea of more than 2 monitors is largely dead. Likely
due to most people using the 'stupid' phone as their primary computer.

Oh well - - - just thought a warning might be useful.

HTH