:: Re: [DNG] Security Policies
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Security Policies
capercally.bleery670@??? said on Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:35:43 -0700

>I think both this decision and the restrictive defaults for
>Imagemagick are related to multiple CVE grade parsing bugs in the jpeg
>parsing libraries. A search of the oss-security list archives may be
>informative.

If this is the case, you can always open the .jpg in Gimp and write it
to .png or maybe .pdf (I'm not that familiar with Gimp).

You can always display a .jpg on the monitor with the following Plain
TeX file:

\input miniltx        % Necessary for graphicx.sty
\input graphicx.sty   % Enables \includegraphics
\includegraphics{mypicture.jpg}
\bye

Compile with LuaTeX and you have a PDF. If you play around with the
paper size and margins, you can even make a PDF with the same
dimensions as the .jpg.

If you want to change the size of the picture, on the \includegraphics
macro you can specify the width, like the following, which specifies
the width as 3em:

\includegraphics[width=3em]{mypicture.jpg}

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt