:: Re: [DNG] Security Policies
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Security Policies
On 2023-03-24 11:33:14, Didier Kryn wrote:
>    Le 24/03/2023 à 00:40, Ken Dibble a écrit :

>      My post was more about the insanity behind this and whether anyone is
>      going to do anything about it.

>        This is the word: insanity. Imagemagick is just great; it can do
>    things with your images you wouldn't even have thought of. And it is able
>    to handle all formats. It can do all that but it won't. Because you are
>    not permitted.

Perhaps not ALL formats. I was really pissed off at Debian for removing
support for JPEG 2000 from everything a couple of versions back. Sure
it's not a popular image format, but it is the format used by OpenSim,
which I'm heavily involved with, so I have thousands if not millions of
JPEG 2000 images.

Ah wait, they left JPEG 2000 support in ONE package, and it happens to
be ImageMagick. Guess they forgot about that one?