:: Re: [DNG] Anatomy of a footgun (was…
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Anatomy of a footgun (was: Wanted: small linux iso with rsync
On 2023-03-22 22:30:13, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> SuperGrub2 is just awesome, 16MB of grub plus pixie dust
> autodetects kernels and constructs a boot menu.

I have something I call Magic Pixie Dust, a micro SD card with a couple
of dozen operating systems on it, including several rescue systems.
Also a micro SD card to USB reader. Though I'm annoyed that the one that
was about twice the size of amicro SD card broke and I can't find
a replacement.

> Rescatux seemed promising with an menu of choices to diagnose
> and fix problems, but didn't notice the glaring issue of non-existing UUID
> in fstab. (note to self: file bug report).
>
> Knoppix has grub utilities, but not lilo.
>
> Bootable rEFInd didn't find anything, probably because I
> wasn't using EFI. Otherwise I've had good experiences with
> it.
>
> SystemRescue seems good, with a FindBoot option on the menu.

I might need to add some of these.