:: [devuan-dev] bug#575: postgresql-co…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Stephen Lyons, 575
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#575: postgresql-common packaging not handling Devuan version number
Control: tags -1 debian
Control: fixed -1 243
Control: severity -1 wishlist

Stephen

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 07:34:54PM +0100, Stephen Lyons wrote:
> Package: postgresql-common
> Version: 200+deb10u4
>
> I was doing a routine upgrade of the packages in my Devuan "Beowulf"
> install, during the "apt upgrade" process I saw and captured the
> following error(?) messages:

Thanks for this.

Fortunately Debian has changed its handling of this and now
/usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions produces:

supported-versions: WARNING! Unknown distribution ID in /etc/os-release: devuan
debian found in ID_LIKE, treating as Debian
15

Which is sane. The warning is harmless. We will need to send a patch to Debian
to remove that completely, but functionally there will be no change. So,
lowering the severity to wishlist.

Mark