:: Re: [DNG] A warning to EU mirror op…
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A warning to EU mirror operators
On 2023-02-07 08:02:46, tito via Dng wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 13:06:34 +0800
> jeremy ardley via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> > > I think this is a bit exaggerated. Europe is a free country, I travel
> > > all the time across Europe with 2 laptops and 2 smartphones, no one
> > > ever searched my data, and in case, I would not allow it. The only
> > > check that you have, is passing through the security if you fly, if
> > > not and you are in Schengen Area
> > > (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area) you can pass whatever
> > > border you want with train, bus or car even on feet (not suggesting).
> > > And also when in not Schengen, it's quite simple to pass the borders.
> > >

> > The key word is customs. In Schengen area you likely don't have formal
> > customs clearance?
> >
> > Now try the same trick going into USA or Canada or even UK. Or arriving
> > in the Schengen area on a flight from outside that area.
> >

> Hi,
> I arrived many times from outside the Schengen area and besides
> passport control on arrival, 90 % of times I went through the green lane of
> customs and nobody cared, 9 % percent of times a bored customs'
> officer looked at my baggage with X-rays, one time they wanted to take
> a look at a pack of wasabi powder. In all that times nobody ever
> cared for my phone or my laptop/netbook. Sometimes the laptops
> were scanned with x-rays at the security check or I had to turn them on.

Totally off topic, but that reminds me of when I traveled to a computer
conference with one of the only three Playstation 3s in Australia at the
time. Security guy wanted me to take it out so he could fondle it.
Those things collect fingerprints like crazy. lol

If I recall the x-ray showed something odd, think it was the Cell
processor.