:: [DNG] Chimaera fluxbox fails to sta…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Chimaera fluxbox fails to start
Did an installation of Chimaera on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon gen 7. All
went well, but startxs failed to start firefox for root or user. Also
the installation of firefix did not create the ~/.firefox/startup file
which I may recall should have been automatic.

During installation among the software collections to install I
de-selected Desktop Environment and xfce. I added Console productivity
and SSH server. Once Devuan was installed I installed xorg and
then fluxbox.

When I $ startx it seems that it starts a log in manager named slip
which has not been the case with prior installations of Chimaera. Not
wanting it I deleted it.

When I $ startx as root or user I'm taken to what looks to me like a
desktop environment that I've not seen before with Chimaera
installations. It is dark blue with a light blue stripe, a trash and
home icon at upper left, a text "Devuan software freedom your way".
What is this and how do I get rid of it? Is it preventing firefox from
starting.

---

Haines Brown