:: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo Leste new y…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo Leste new years update
Hi!

> > Would you have a hints how to try the Chimaera release? I'd really
> > like to get phone calls / SMSes to work, and will be happy to do some
> > testing (on droid 4).
>
> There is this image that I built as a one-off:
> https://maedevu.maemo.org/images/droid4/20221214-chimaera/
>
> You ought to be able to dd it, then connect to wifi, apt update && apt
> dist-upgrade (just to pull in updates), and then reboot.

Thanks a lot!

> Then phone calls will work out of the box, and mobile data should too.

Yes, so far I tested outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing SMS. Stuff
seems to work. Battery life is poor, but otherwise it seems pretty usable.

There is "welcome" that mentions sshd is not available. It is,
probably should be reworded (and maybe paragraph how-to-enable sshd
added).

Contacts uses very small font for phone numbers.

I'm getting these warnings:

Setting up leste-config-droid4 (1.82-1+m7) ...
dpkg-divert: error: 'diversion of /lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules to /\
lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules.leste-orig by leste-config-droid4' clas\
hes with 'diversion of /lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules to /lib/udev/ru\
les.d/85-input-devices.rules.leste-orig by leste-config-mapphone'
dpkg: error processing package leste-config-droid4 (--configure):
installed leste-config-droid4 package post-installation script subprocess retu\
rned error exit status 2

I'm getting "sim card registration failed" when I go out of cellphone
coverage.

qtwebbrowser works from cmdline but not from gui.

gps works after starting gpsd, but it would be nice to start gpsd by
default.

> > Does anyone plan to go to FOSDEM? I should be there, talking about
> > phone cameras, and will be happy to meet.
>
> I'm hoping to be there and happy to meet. I might bring some stickers. :)

Looking forward :-).

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.