:: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera ne…
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera netinstall
On Mon, Jan 09, 2023 at 05:07:59PM -0600, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:

> OK # modprobe nvme doesn't work. (Sorry!)

That is rather speculiar. What does is the response from that command?

Normally, you type "modprobe nvme" at the "#" prompt (without the
double-quotes of course), and the response is nothing more than
another prompt. If you then feel worried you would type "lsmod | head"
just to confirm that the module was loaded.

What happened for you? Or does "doesn't work" rather mean that the
continued installation still didn't find the SSD?

> Dunno - - - - is Deadelus better at this?

Possibly. But Daedalus is not stable yet so it may require further
skill to install and/or maintain afterwards.

> Or should I be downloading the dvd version and putting it on the usb stick?

All ISO (of same codename) have the same primary installer software, so
it won't be different.

Ralph.