:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install problem
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install problem
On 1/4/23 18:28, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
> In der Nachricht vom Thursday, 5 January 2023 01:32:40 CET schrieb Fred:
>> Did you install on a computer with a CD drive? This mini-pc doesn't
> In a VM having a virtual CD-ROM.
>
> The error "Debootstrap Error: Failed to determine the codename for the
> release." was reported on this list by Simon Walter on 12/10/2021 11:29 (but
> never on bugs.devuan.org). Aitor responded at the time:
>
> "
> The missing codename should be specified in a hidden folder. Something like
> this:
>
> echo "Devuan 4 "chimaera" - Build amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 'timestamp'" >
> .disk/info
> "
>
> However, try to take a different USB stick, put the image back on and try
> again. Some sticks just don't behave.
>
> Regards, Adrian.

I am still having trouble installing Chimaera. The netinstall iso
doesn't work. I tried the server iso and it gives the same error.

So this error was reported two years ago and I am the only one to have
trouble with it? The above command will fix it? What directory am I
supposed to be in to execute it?

Best regards,
Fred