:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Rob Pearce
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hello again folks,

I've been kinda busy (and then caught COVID - how terribly last year!)
but finally got a chance to look at this:

On 22/11/2022 12:15, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 12:55:30AM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>> Your plan sounds good. I suggest the easiest way is to fork our gitea repo,
>> make your desired changes to the upstream branch and then make a pull
>> request.
> So, if you want to do it this way, please fork from suites/upstream.

I'm new to Debian-style packaging and it's very different from the
Gentoo portage system I'm coming from!

So far I have:

- Read up a load of documentation and got myself quite confused

- Registered an account on git.devuan.org

- Forked the devuan/slim repo to my own RobPearce/slim one

- cloned that onto a local virtual machine (running Devuan Chimaera i386)

- installed lots of tools mentioned in the guides

- modified several files in the debian folder to reference my V1.3.9
release as upstream

- used gbp import-orig to pull that in as a tagged upstream

- edited/reworked the patch set to remove the ones I've already fixed
and let the others apply cleanly

- run gbp buildpackage with the options suggested in the guide

- run lintian on the results (which gives warnings attached)

Does that sound like I'm going in the right direction?

Cheers,

Rob

--
Maintainer of the <href="https://sourceforge.net/projects/slim-fork/">SLiM Login Manager fork</a>
W: slim source: ancient-standards-version 3.9.6 (released 2014-09-17) (current is 4.5.1)