:: Re: [devuan-dev] Converting Docker …
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
CC: Boian Bonev, golinux
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Converting Docker Hub `devuan` account to an organization
Hi golinux,

golinux@??? writes:

> On 2022-11-22 20:33, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Hi Jaromil,
>> Jaromil <jaromil@???> writes:

>>> whoeps!!! spoke too early, my user is 'jrml'
>> I would like to add you but Boian was asked by the Docker folks to
>> add
>> a Docker ID with Devuan's "freedom" email address. He added that last
>> night (my time, UTC+9) and now our organization has no remaining empty
>> seats :-(
>> Free Team "subscriptions" get three seats and with Boian and I
>> already
>> taking up one, that new ID took up the last one.
>> I suggest we wait a bit to see what will happen during the course of
>> that Docker-Sponsored Open Source Program application. Maybe we get
>> extra seats or that new ID is not counted for being a "system" user or
>> something.
>> FTR, to add extra seats, Devuan would end up paying USD
>> 9/user/month,
>> starting at *five* users. Duh, there is no option for only four ...
>> https://www.docker.com/pricing/
>> Anyway, if a gratis seat becomes vacant, I (or Boian) will add you.
>> # Just a thought, maybe you could use the ID Boian added yesterday
>> # instead? Boian, WDYT?
>> --
>> Olaf Meeuwissen
>
> Olaf . . .
>
> I have been monitoring the freedom@??? email daily for many
> years and I'm pretty sure that jaromil has access to it also since he
> passed the login info to me some years ago. That is the address that
> has been used for those who want to contribute "to the maintenance and
> growth of Devuan by providing hardware, services, expertise, funding
> or media visibility" since shortly after the fork. It's a little odd
> that it's now being tied to the Docker account.

Thanks for the info. The mail address is the one that Boian used when
he applied for Docker's Open Source Program. It is needed during the
application process, AFAIU. The application has been approved in the
main time and we now have ten(!) seats.

BTW, Jaromil's Docker ID has been added to the list of owners for the
"devuan" organization over at Docker Hub.

Me goes back to building container images now. Having an organization
is all nice and dandy but there's little point in having one if there
aren't any images yet :-o

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen