:: Re: [DNG] chimara install issue
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] chimara install issue
On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 05:18:14PM -0500, Curtis Maurand via Dng wrote:
> I've been trying to install Chimaera a a machine all afternoon. I downloaded
> the 4.0.0 netinstall image from a mirror.  I get all the way to choosing the
> archive mirror and with two different install images (minimal and
> netinstall) I get the same error.
>
> "An error has been detected while trying to use the specified Devuan archive
> mirror. (deb.devuan.org) I hit alt-F and the console says:
>
> choose-mirror [30152]: DEBUG: command: wget --no-verbose
> http://deb.devuan.org/merged/dists/chimaera/Release -0 - | grep -E
> '^(Suite|Codename|Architectures):'
> choose-mirror[30152]: WARNING **: mirror does not support the sepcified
> release (chimaera)
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Note that "deb.devuan.org" resolves to a collection of different IP
addresses, where the software (including wget) picks one to be the
server it interacts with. It's thus necessary that you also tell which
IP address is concerned in order to pinpoint which server has an
issue.

Generally thought there was some disk error report just yesterday from
one of the servers, and maybe you were one of the few lucky ones to
happen to interact with that server during their disk problem.

Thus, the advice her is: try again.

hth, Ralph.