:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Rob Pearce
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
On 22/11/2022 11:55, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> I suggest the easiest way is to fork our gitea repo, make your desired
> changes to the upstream branch and then make a pull request.

OK, I'll look into that. Being completely honest, I'm a bit behind the
curve on such things - until very recently I was decidedly "git
challenged" (as golinux put it) but that's gradually changing as the day
job is in the process of moving from Visual SourceSafe (yes, really!) to
Git.

I should also confess to being a total newbie at anything
Devuan-specific. Even the Debian-style package definition / preparation
stuff is mostly unfamiliar, as I've been mostly a Gentoo user for many
years. However, recent developments in Gentoo, and the needs of a
low-key pseudo-distro I maintain for my brother's company, have led me
to start looking at alternatives, and Devuan is currently very high on
the list.

Mark Hindley wrote:

> So, if you want to do it this way, please fork from suites/upstream.

OK, will do

> Once that is done we can build it.  I suggest you bump the version to
> 1.4.0 as well.

That does make sense - I very nearly bumped to 1.4.0 on the last
SourceForge release (the previous ones had mostly been long-established
patches, this one has new stuff)

--
Maintainer of the <href="https://sourceforge.net/projects/slim-fork/">SLiM Login Manager fork</a>