:: [devuan-dev] Converting Docker Hub …
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Boian Bonev, Jaromil
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Converting Docker Hub `devuan` account to an organization
Hi Boian, Jaromil, devs,

I have not seen any progress on the Docker-Sponsored Open Source Program
front since the initial approval Devuan got on 2022-10-16.

The approval mentioned something about getting a project organization
Docker ID in the next three weeks. Jaromil had already created a user
account[0] with the same ID way back in 2019 and Boian notified Docker
of this. I have been given the password to that account (via encrypted
mail) by Boian. That's where things are at as of writing.

Unless anyone objects, I will convert[1] that `devuan` user account to a
Docker organization[2] shortly after 2022-11-16 Wed 12:00 UTC.

This conversion cannot be undone. After converting, the `devuan` ID can
no longer be used to log in. Hence, the password becomes meaningless.
During the conversion, a single user account needs to be set as the
organization's owner. I will use my `paddyhack` account for that.

If other Devuan developers need to be added as owners, let me know (by
way of signed mail). Organization owners can also add teams and add
other users (with a more restricted set of permissions) to those teams.
Owners and users need a Docker ID[3] and use that ID when they want to
log in.

Note: Devuan container images will be made public so no-one needs a
Docker ID if they just want to pull and use an image.

[0]: https://hub.docker.com/u/devuan
[1]: https://docs.docker.com/docker-hub/convert-account/
[2]: https://docs.docker.com/docker-hub/orgs/
[3]: https://docs.docker.com/docker-id/

I may be filling out bits and pieces of info of the currently very bare
bones and boring account before the conversion but before that I have a
marathon to run tomorrow ;-)

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen
GnuPG key fingerprint: B3C02F47EA1964F49F13F43EB8A4A88AF84A2DD9